Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Amonite Beads and Jewelry

Since I disappeared from this realm of the blogosphere right around the holidays, I have quite a few things to catch up on. But first, why did I disappear? Beyond getting ready for the holidays in general, I spent most of last month learning how to make jewelry. I am not Harry Winston or anything, but I am coming along. So, first, I would love to review Amonite.

Amonite is a hot little jewelry gallery and supply store in Hillcrest. It's located where the Corvette Diner used to have their collectible shop. You can hardly beat 5th and University as prime retail real estate.

I went in with a tabula rasa and I was gleefully surprised. The selection of high-quality beads is remarkable. They are very well-stocked with gemstone beads, as well as intricate lampwork, and elegant crystal. They are a bit short when it comes to findings, materials, and tools, but their main draw is clearly the bead stock. The staff is friendly as well.

They offer classes in both English and Spanish and you can view the calendar at www.eAmonite.com. Also, they run special discounts, such as a 30% rain discount when it's raining, and a 50% discount with a coupon printed from their website. Heads up - the website is a separate entity, and the website sales are not the same as the in-store sales.

If you are crafty type, enjoy looking at intricate bead works, or you are in the market for creative San Diego-made jewelry, I recommend stopping by!


Heather's New Scoring System: 3.5 of 5 Rockstars

No comments: