Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"So if you believe in Christmas, like your uncle Billy does..."

Since I am a happy San Diegan, I am an unhappy Lushie. I am limited to either mail order or LA trips, and it makes me cry on the inside. That being said, I was up north for a show, and popped into the CityWalk location yesterday before heading home. While I haven't had the time to use the products enough to drum up a new stack of reviews, I would like to give my general feeling for that location.

You guys rock, and really do understand customer service. It can be very difficult to drum up customers in such a tourist-y locale. The parking situation was not marked as it had been explained to me before arriving, so I was instantly put right off. I am sure that's a typical situation up there. But I was very well taken care of once in the store. Again, apologies for being rubbish at remembering names, but the two ladies who helped my friend and I were very attentive and helpful. I really appreciated the help with product selection after my Fresh Farmacy disaster. I spent a lot of time going back and forth with things, and yet, they stuck with me. I always love, review, and revisit stores that pay detailed attention to what I am after.

More to the point, after I explained my parking woes, I had what seemed like an embarrassing amount of samples handed over to me. They didn't need to do that. Sure, we're all used to getting a couple of little guys tossed in with our purchases, but this was above and beyond the call of duty.* You know what? The next time I am visiting my partner in 818, I might just deal with the parking price and stop on by.** I spend my days bending over backwards dealing with corporate customers, and getting some of that service back leaves me a very satisfied customer.


* Lush's sample policies and practices may vary from store to store, but it's very nice that you always get something extra when you go in. They don't have to give any freebies, but they do. That's worth some cookies off the bat.

** No disrespect meant toward other LA-area locations. The Santa Monica store is also quite awesome!

No comments: